Four Devils and a Mutual Friend – or, why A. W. Sandberg went to Germany
03. sep 2021. PEER REVIEWED: Film was — and remains — an international medium, and the exchanges between various national film industries have often been enacted by the film professionals who carried out their
Overlooked, untold and almost forgotten – Urban Gad, film pioneer
03. sep 2021. Would Asta Nielsen have become an international star without Urban Gad? Sorry, Urban who? We’ll never be able to answer that first question. The answer to the second question — well, you can find it
Asta Nielsen: A Cosmopolitan Diva
23. jun 2021. PEER REVIEWED. This article examines how Asta Nielsen’s star persona developed in the Danish context in 1913, applying a transmedia perspective. The analysis covers the German film 'Die Suffragette'
The People of the Borderland – A Forbidden Film, a Powerful Neighbour, and Film Censorship as Foreign Policy
23. jun 2021. This article analyses the complex case of the censorship of the film 'Grænsefolket' ('The People of the Borderland', 1925), and examines how power relations between Denmark and Germany impacted on
Re-Enchanting the Nordic Everyday in 'Beforeigners'
24. feb 2021. PEER REVIEWED. Using 'Beforeigners' as a case study, this article argues that the recent shift to “glocalised” production has opened new possibilities for Scandinavian producers, allowing more niche